Saturday, April 17, 2010

Paired sample statistics: How do I address variability in the controls?

I am comparing empirical data to 2 predictions . I plan to apply the Wilcoxon paired-sample test for both predictions, where I test the difference of the prediction and the empirical. Here's my problem. I also have a control group that has variability. How do I account for variability in the controls? Many thanks.

Paired sample statistics: How do I address variability in the controls?
this is one of the best questions I've seen on here.





I would use an analysis of variance or analysis of covariance to compare the control and sample to the predictions all at once. It is a little easier to understand the results if you use a general linear model and multiple regression methods.


No comments:

Post a Comment