Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I get Vital Statistics on my deceased mother for legal purposes in Indiana?

My mom passed away and in an attempt to file a claim for benefits I need birth and marriage certificates. I have her death certificate and I was told that her Vital Statistics would cover the rest. I was told to go to the courthouse but they sent me to a health dept. The health dept sent me to the clerk or court. And so and and so forth. Can anyone tell me who I need to contact or where I need to go to obtain these records. Another concern is the fact that she was not born or married in Indiana. I don't know if that will be a problem. I am hoping I don't have to go out of state for these records.

How do I get Vital Statistics on my deceased mother for legal purposes in Indiana?
You will need to apply for the documents at the State Dept of Vital Statistics in whatever state the birth or marriage occurred. You can send for them by mail if they are out of your state of residence. As always, there is a charge. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment