Monday, May 4, 2009

Where can I find illegal immigration statistics from 1920s all the way to the 2000s?

From 2000 onwards to present I have the statistics for ilegal immigrants but its very very hard to find any before 2000...Im writing about illegal immigration and I need a buildup so I thought I'll write about the history of illegal immigration





I need statistics from 1900s onwards

Where can I find illegal immigration statistics from 1920s all the way to the 2000s?
I do not believe there was illegal immigration in the 1920s.





Most immigrants arrived by ships and were processed through Ellis Island.





Immigration from Cuba, Mexico and Central America was open so there was no illegal immigration from this area as anyone that came from this area was allowed into the U.S. legally. There were few restrictions on Canadians.





Illegal immigration probably did not occur until 30-40 years ago.





Illegal immigration became a problem when most people could afford cars and plane travel was no longer a luxury.


No comments:

Post a Comment