Monday, May 4, 2009

What are the statistics of crime rates in Singapore due to capital punishment? Where can I find them?

I'm in my school's debate, now I need to find the statistics of crime rates in Singapore? And prove to them that capital punishment lowers crime rates.


Please, please, please help me.

What are the statistics of crime rates in Singapore due to capital punishment? Where can I find them?
You are not on the right track here- when looking at crime rates in countries which are comparable (eg the United States, Canada and Western Europe) you will find that crime rates are markedly higher in the USA, and, especially in states that have the death penalty.
Reply:Crime rates and capital punishment are not correlated. Crooks in Singapore simply commit more crimes that do not involve capital punishment. One is the rampant selling and buying of contraband cigarettes. To deter crime, you need to go the medieval route, like chopping limbs, stoning, flogging and decapitation in public like what Saudi Arabia practices. Btw, it quite humane as prisoners are sedated first.


No comments:

Post a Comment